- May 20, 1973 First service held in the Civic Association Building at Pine Island Center Mission Developer: The Rev. John M. Warnes, D.D.
- May 24, 1974 Fishers of Men organized with 87 Confirmed Charter Members and 12 Baptized Charter Members
- April 1, 1974 The Rev. George C. Serbe, Jr. called as First Pastor
- September 5, 1974 Church Site mortgage paid in full
- March 25, 1975 Church Site purchased
- December 5, 1976 Ground breaking for church building
- May 22, 1977 Dedication of church building – First service held in new building Additional acre received as gift from DMNA
- April 25, 1980 Fifth Anniversary celebrated – Refinanced mortgage with Lutheran Brotherhood
- June 1981 Pastor Serbe leaves: accepted call to Sun City Center FL
- February 1, 1982 The Rev. Peter E. Nelson begins duties as our Called Pastor
- May 20, 1990 Mortgage Burning Ceremony
- March 1991 Purchased new organ
- January 1993 The Rev. Roger H. Lemke begins duties as our Called Pastor
- October 1993 Church breaks ground for addition of our Fellowship Hall
- January 15, 1995 Dedication of Fellowship Hall
- November 1998 Fishers of Men sponsors a sister church in Guatemala, La Iglesia Luterana Augustina de Guatemala.
- March 28, 1999 Celebration of our 25th Anniversary
February 6, 2004 Became an Independent Lutheran church
The Luther Rose
Martin Luther designed his seal as his personal Coat of Arms and as a mnemonic device to aid Christians in memorizing the heart of the Gospel.
- The Black Cross symbolized that our sins crucified Jesus.
- However, the black cross is set within a Red Heart, which reminds us that despite our sins Jesus loves us and gives us new life.
- The heart is placed in the center of a White Rose to show us that faith in the resurrected Christ should bring us joy, comfort and peace.
- The background for the white rose is Sky Blue to denote that through hope we should anticipate our heavenly blessedness in this life and therefore we should be living in this world with the beginning of our heavenly joy.
- The entire scene is surrounded by a Golden Ring to signify that the gift of eternal life is endless and is the most precious gift that we could receive.